Abimbola is alleged to have conspired with her 25-year-old boyfriend and two of his friends to stage the abduction so as to raise money.
The Police spokesperson Sunday Abutu in a statement on Friday explained that Abimbola’s sister had gone to the police station to report that her sister was missing after leaving the house for school.
Abutu said the sister explained that when Abimbola’s phone was called, an unknown person answered the call and informed them that she was in his custody and would not release her until a ransom of N500,000 was paid.
Luck ran against the suspects when the holder of the account given for the ransom payment was tracked and arrested by the anti-kidnapping unit of the police and forced to lead the police team to a hotel within the state capital where the supposedly abducted Abimbola and her boyfriend were nabbed.
Abimbola with the three others confessed to committing the crime, claiming she wanted to raise money from her family members to enable her relocate from Ekiti State since her mother insisted she studies medicine as against her own dream of becoming an actress.
- Teenager, her boyfriend and two others arrested for conspiracy and self-kidnapping (photo)
- Kwara Youths Arrest 5 Yoruba Men Working With Herdsmen, Tie Them With Ropes
- Kidnapped Kaduna Minor Killed Despite N5m Ransom Paid
- 15-Year-Old Boy Beats 14-Year-Old Girl To Death For This Shocking Reason
- Femi Falana Demands Police Apology To Arrested June 12 Peaceful Protesters